Road Traffic Accident
Unfortunately, road traffic accidents occur all too often. Every year, thousands of people are injured, whether they were the driver, passenger or pedestrian, through no fault of their own. If you have been involved in a road traffic accident which was not your fault and you suffered an injury of some kind you could be eligible for compensation.
What should I do after A Road Traffic Accident?
A road traffic accident can be very stressful to deal with and it’s only natural that you’ll feel anxious and disoriented immediately afterwards. First and foremost, it’s important to stay calm – there’s a certain amount of information you’ll need about the incident and the other driver, so keeping a clear head is useful, when gathering the following facts:
- Find out if the other driver has insurance by asking them.
- If the other driver refuses to give you their insurance information, then you can report them to the police instantly.
- Take note of their registration number as this can provide us with a lot of information about the driver.
- Try to collect as much information as you can about the accident as well as your losses and any injuries that you may have sustained.
- If it is safe to do so, take photos of both vehicles at the time of the accident, and of your injuries, if they are visible.
- If the police were involved and you reported the accident to them, they would have provided you with a reference number – remember to give this to us, as it will make your claim more stronger.
- If you can the same day, phone your doctor & get a emergency appointment booked about your injuries that you sustained during the road traffic accident, it would be helpful towards yourself & your claim.
How do I make a claim?
Making a claim is easy. Our service is 100% free and our partners could help you make a no win no fee compensation claim. Fill in our quick and easy form below to start your claim today.
Who can make a car accident claim?
Don’t worry if you weren’t in a car when your car accident happened. We know that road traffic accidents can also involve pedestrians, cyclists and motorcyclists.
You could also make a claim if you were injured as a passenger in a car accident, or as a passenger in a bus or taxi.
If your child or a child you know was injured in a car accident, we can help you make a claim on their behalf. The process is slightly different but we can talk this through with you and help you take the next steps.
If you would like some advice in relation to claiming, you can contact us now on 0800 689 1964.